Casting Call!

by Alumni Posts on September 15, 2014

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Through a connection made at my internship, I was offered a position as the Shoes and Accessories Coordinator for St. Louis Fashion Week this fall. As someone about to graduate with a degree in fashion and wanting to go into event planning, this is absolutely perfect for me. The last couple years, I have helped out backstage for STL Fashion Week as a dresser. It is extremely exciting to now be a part of the back-of-house (BOH) crew throughout the entire planning process. There are some tasks that all of the BOH crew helps out with, but my main role is to pick out shoes and accessories for the designers that will be showcasing their collections. The day of the shows, it will be my responsibility to track all the merchandise and make sure it’s all in the proper order and on the right models. All the information that people need about Fashion Week can be found at saintlouisfashionweek.com. (Look for my picture and biography on there!)

This past Saturday, September 13, the model casting call took place. People that are already signed by modeling agencies came, along with independent models. We had a very good turnout and a lot of talented people come in. I was in charge of measuring and recording all of the model’s bust, waist, and hip sizes. Because there was continuously a long line, this had to be done very quickly, which I feel as if I accomplished. It made me feel very proud when Shannon, the overall producer, told me what great work I did. With all the upcoming Fashion Week meetings, parties, and shows, I will have many more fun stories to tell. Stay tuned!

The check-in process and audition runway The check-in process and runway