Carlyn

Meet Me at the Muny

by Carlyn on July 23, 2014

in In Saint Louis

Another summer in St. Louis means another summer at the Muny in Forest Park! This is the 10th year I have had season tickets. I started out going with my aunt and grandma. Now it has grown into an even bigger tradition, and my mom and cousin come along as well. It’s a fun thing for the ladies in the family to do together. I have always had a fondness of live theatre, so the Muny season is something I look forward to every summer. Whether it is a show I have seen several times or one I know nothing about, I enjoy going to all of them. The summer 2014 lineup is as follows.

Billy Elliot

Tarzan

Porgy and Bess

The Addams Family

Seussical

Grease

Hello, Dolly

I’m glad that this year brings back Grease, one of my personal favorites. But also, there are a few shows that I have never seen on stage before (and I’ve seen a lot of shows). If you’re interested in going, you can typically buy tickets the day of. Or, get there early and snag some free seats in the back! Despite some nights being extremely hot, my time at the Muny is always cherished.