Happy 4th of July….in Mexico!

by Alumni Posts on July 24, 2014

Yes, this year my family and I started the 4th all decked out in red, white and blue in Lambert airport. At 4 a.m., I was going through security to get on a plane to go to Mexico. Now, it wasn’t just a normal family vacation. My cousin was getting married. It was a week-long family vacation.

The resort we stayed at was all-inclusive. So, we had all the food and… alcohol we wanted. My family took full advantage of that. I had a lot of first experiences while I was there. I went Kayaking, which I was super nervous about at first. I’m glad I did it though, it was so much fun! I highly recommend it! I saw MJ for the first time. Not really, it was a Micheal Jackson impersonator. I had some Salmon and Lobster. I found out that I love salmon, and hate lobster. It was also my first time swimming in an ocean…with sting rays! No, it wasn’t an excursion. At first I was freaked out but I got use to them. Most importantly this was my first time seeing my cousin getting married and it was beautiful. I am so happy for him and his new wife.

Between all the shenanigans I made some new friends! Iguanas roamed around the resort. I saw at least 10 a day. Possibly could be the same ones but it is still a lot. We had a waiter throughout the whole week named Lorenzo and he was the sweetest. He went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied. He said he only makes $4 a day, so we made sure to tip him well because he deserves it, while he is trying to look for work in America. Within a year he will be able too, and I hope the best for him!

Selfie in Mexico Selfie in Mexico MJ Concert MJ Concert Set up for reception Set up for reception Ahhh, paradise. Ahhh, paradise. I love this amphibian. I love this amphibian.