Conner

Strut It St. Louis

by Conner on May 5, 2014

in Academics,College Life

You may not know it, but St. Louis is somewhat of a force in the fashion industry. As a student in the fashion merchandising department here at Fontbonne, it was my turn this semester to enroll in the “Promotion in the Merchandising Environment” course. A group of fourteen students, myself included, have been working on our fashion show “Strutting St. Louis” since the beginning of the semester.

“Strutting St. Louis” was an idea the class came up with together as a team through much debate and thought. Our show, as one can tell by the name, is St. Louis themed. Each scene of the show was influenced and inspired by a local landmark of the city. Such scenes include Forest Park, The Loop, Ballpark Village, Botanical Garden, and The Fabulous Fox.

Model casting calls, rehearsals, promotions, and a lot of hard work later and it was showtime. This year the fashion show collaborated with FAB’s Springfest. We held “Strutting St. Louis” outside in the quad of Fontbonne’s Library at 4 p.m. on the 25th of April.

The show was great! I was placed on the promotions committee for the show, therefore the majority of work I had to do was before the day of the show. I worked with the flyers, program, press release, and other “public relation” type aspects of Strutting St. Louis. I was thoroughly pleased with the work my class put in and delivered to the university. It was great to see it all come together last Friday. Check out a few of the photos and promotional items below. Fontbonne’s Instagram page also has some great images of the day! http://instagram.com/fontbonneu#

A promotional email image for the window display advertising the show

Thanks for reading..