Marielle

Take Me Out

by Marielle on April 9, 2014

in Athletics,Campus Community,College Life,In Saint Louis

Before I start this post, I want to clear something up. I am a bandwagon sports fan. Cardinals, Blues, Rams, etc., I really do not care if they win or lose. However, I do like to join in on festivities. For example: opening day. Technically, the opening day of the season was last Monday, even though the Cardinals weren’t playing in St. Louis, so I decided to go downtown with a few friends and check out the famed Ballpark Village.
We took the metro, which in my opinion is the only way to go because I hate parking. The BPV (I like acronyms, okay?) was only a short walk away from the Stadium stop, and it wasn’t hard to find at all. It’s honestly right next to Busch Stadium, which was a smart move. You can even see into the park from some of the bars inside.
Speaking of bars, the inside layout of BPV is basically like a two story food court, but instead of Hibachi Grill and Chik-Fil-A, it’s a bunch of different bars. They are all slightly different, though, and tied together by a huge 80 foot TV screen in the center of everything. (And in case you were wondering, the beer is slightly cheaper than it is inside the ballpark. But only slightly).
Either way, I was glad to go see what all the commotion was about before the massive crowd descends during home games. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just along for the ride, Ball Park Village is a nice place to watch some baseball.