How to stay healthy while on Campus

This topic is perfect for me right now. I’ve recently gained so much weight since I moved on campus and let me tell you, it is not pretty at all. My boyfriend kept trying to get me to work out and eat healthy, but it was so hard and I just kept getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon I became self-conscious about my weight and decided that it was time for me to start “working out.” I would work out for two days and then stop and go back to my old habits. I felt like I had to do it rather than I wanted to do because it would make me a healthier person. I stopped pressuring myself to lose weight and just decided to do it one step at a time. I first cut back on sodas and now I drink only water. Then I started eating salads, daily and replacing fatty and sugar snacks with grapes, strawberries, and raisins. I do eat meat but not big portions of it like I use to. Eating a salad and drinking water before a meal can help you cut back on over eating. I bought a scale and so far I have lost 4 pounds in about a week. The best key to losing weight is to try and do it naturally. Don’t force yourself because then you’ll feel under pressure and it’ll feel more like a chore that you don’t want to do. Instead of telling you brain, “I can’t have this cookie,” tell your brain “I don’t want this cookie.” Little steps like these can take away huge pounds!