Tara Jones

‘Major’ Wake-Up Call/Art Is Everywhere To Me

by Tara Jones on April 30, 2014

in After College,Career Paths,College Life

“Tara, what are you majoring in again?”

I am a Fine Arts major! Why, you may ask? Well, I don’t know, maybe it’s the thrill of getting creative with a blank canvas or the fact that I’m just really good at drawing, painting, and graphically designing. It’s my niche, where I belong. I always knew it.

People always ask me if ‘art is difficult.’ LOL. I say, “You either have the gift or you don’t. If you want to acquire the gift, good luck.” But it’s true! It takes a lot of skill and dedication — trust me, drawing is much harder than it looks. Plus, I know for a fact that over a million people out there can agree with that statement. (Caught ya)!

Now, of course, there are plenty of subjects I want to explore to discern my vocation. For example, I have a high interest in Psychology/Sociology, Communications, and Fashion Merchandising. All of the former involve me socially applying 1) myself and 2) what I learn in my every day life at a deeper, more meticulous level.

I think it is far beyond beneficial to have variety in your coursework so that in the future, you have more options when you’re job searching. Unfortunately, I feel that with the handful of general education requirements, it feels so difficult to achieve that goal!

Anyways, what do I plan to do with my major? As of now, I really want to intern for Teen Vogue or a personal stylist. If not either of those, I definitely want to shadow an artist/graphic designer or someone of the sort.

All in all, I love art! Art is everywhere. It’s in our words, our ideas, and our hopes & dreams. We can’t let Art down. Let’s do Art a favor and appreciate how beautifully it works into our lives. Okay? Spectacular :-)

That’s all I have for that! Ta, ta for now!