Tara Jones

A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (JK, I’m Talking About COLLEGE)

by Tara Jones on April 7, 2014

in College Life,Faith,New & Future Students,Our Causes

If I were to give a new student advice on how to survive college, the first word that would come out of my mouth is, “God.”

It is crucial to have a backbone of faith – in something. By having faith in our Lord, you will have more faith in yourself. When you have more faith in yourself, you feel more motivated to do what you love and live gloriously in college.

I don’t know where I would be without speaking & living with and for God. He walks with me every day…I can feel and hear the Holy Spirit responding to my cries for help and my shouts of joy – especially when I am most distracted by life’s complexities. Those complexities make me so much stronger, and I could not be without the Lord. When I am weak, He carries me, comforts me, and helps me to be back on my own two feet again.

God is not a choice for me. He is necessary and innate. And I absolutely adore my one and only Savior.

P.S. Check out “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young — it’s anĀ amazing devotional that I think would help just about anyone as a morning pick-me-up, nightly read, or daily reminder!

Ta, ta for now!