Conner

Easter Happy in STL

by Conner on April 23, 2014

This past weekend provided a much needed break! With a couple days off school, and only work and the never-ending to-do list to tackle, I could finally breathe a little bit. As always, I took the word “break” a little too literally. and didn’t accomplish as much as I possibly should have. Regardless of the feeling of anxiety Monday morning, I had a wonderful Easter here in St. Louis.

My first ever Easter away from my hometown and a large gathering of my family, I celebrated the day in the city with my twin and mother. Being from a much smaller town than St. Louis, they’re always happy to come to the “big city”. I threw on my Easter dress and statement necklace late Sunday morning and drove down to Lafayette Square to meet the pair. We brunched at Sqwires, a restaurant I had been wanting to try for quite some time. The area of Lafayette Square is beyond picturesque, and has become one of my recent favorite neighborhoods of the city.

One breakfast burrito with veggie sausage in the gorgeous sunlight later and I was feeling great. My twin, always eager for a little city shopping, was disappointed to learn the malls were closed. We decided to do the cultural thing and seize the opportunity to visit Forest Park, in particular the Art Museum. We battled all the traffic, picnic loving individuals, and runners, eventually finding a parking spot. With it being such a beautiful day there were many out and about. After wandering around admiring the art for a couple hours, we were hungry once again. We decided to visit Kayak’s Coffee, another spot on my “must do” list. It’s located just a few minutes from Fontbonne, and I have to say I’ll be coming back again. An iced coffee and a cranberry muffin did me in for the day, and it was time to return back to reality.

A crazy busy week (or three) of school awaits, but it was thoroughly enjoyable being Easter happy here in the city.

Thanks for reading..