Conner

Concert Buddy

by Conner on April 23, 2014

Beginning my Easter break a little early last week, I went to a concert of one of my favorite performers, Gavin Degraw. Surprisingly, he didn’t make a stop in St. Louis on the current tour, but he did visit the town of Effingham, Illinois. Most people have probably never heard of the town, but being from Southern Illinois I knew right where it was at. A couple hours drive from St. Louis, I made my way there Wednesday after interning, class, and a meeting.

I was joining my concert buddy Jessi for the night. We always to to concerts together, especially Gavin Degraw’s. It was great to see her, eat some good food and catch up at the local pub, and then dance to the music all night long. Rozzi Crane, Parachute, and Gavin were performing that night.  Jessi and I had great seats, but we rushed to the stage during the second band’s performance. Being so close to the stage for amazing performances was the only way to spend that night. I even ran into a friend from high school. All in all, it was a successfully fun evening, and a great way to kick off Easter break!

Thanks for reading..