Supernatural

in Campus Community,Faith,New & Future Students

A lot of our values growing up have been shaped by movies and television and I’m not ashamed to admit it. This spring break, I’ve been catching up on a TV show called “Supernatural.” It’s about two brothers that fight evil forces in the world. The show is funny, graphic, and full of cool visual effects, but what I take away from it is not that demons or angels exist, but that family is one of the strongest forces one can have. These two brothers will really fight for each other, and I find that really inspirational. But the show also tells you that family doesn’t always have to be blood.

After each show, I think of my own family.  I think of my friends that make my family here. They fight for me in ways that I don’t realize. I also believe that God fights for me. And yet, it’s hard to remember that. On days when it’s hardest to see the light, it’s hard to see how many people are rooting for you!  But hey, they are rooting for you!

That really comforts me. Our inner demons can be vanquished by the power of community and love. It’s a refreshing and comforting thought. And I’m glad that Fontbonne is one of those fighter communities that really reaches out to you when you need it!