Music + Me

What role does music play in my life?

Music answers questions. And the lyrics are more than words; they are emotions, stories.

Want to know the best part?

Everyone has an undeniable love for music.

Music thrives in us.

It’s hard to go a single day without listening music. Not only because it is SO intoxicating, but also because it’s, well, practically EVERYWHERE.

There’s Rap, Christian, Pop, R&B, Folk, Indie, Rock, Metal, Celtic, Opera, Classical, Electronic, Instrumental, Dubstep, Dance, International, Alternative, Alternative Rock, etcetera. The list goes on!

…And (hopefully) everyone can find something they like.

* * *

I could seriously sing and dance to music all the time if I didn’t annoy anyone as a result. Music moves me. I always put myself in the place of the singer and perform the lyrics. Especially in my room where nobody’s watching (Ha ha – we are all guilty of this. The hairbrush shindig too, right?).

Music is so fantastic. I honestly almost can’t even write about my love for music. I have to show it!!

I’m sure you are wondering, Who are your favorite artists and what does your playlist look like, Tara?!

It’s top secret; Shhh! JK.

First and foremost, I use basically the best app EVER to land the internet: Spotify (And their slogan is literally “Music for everyone”).

My favorite band? Muse. Hands down. I swear, nobody loves them more than I do. Just ask my family and friends. (I also love artists such as P!nk, Lady Gaga, Van Halen, Twenty One Pilots, Tove Lo, The Mowgli’s, Hozier, Shiny Toy Guns, Panic! At The Disco, and Fall Out Boy).

Aside from the faves, I’ll get down to the ‘serious stuff’ – music for studying. Now, you all might think this is crazy, but I’m not going to lie. Miley Cyrus’ “Bangerz” album is STELLAR for studying! I cannot tell you how much more productive I am when I listen to it! There is this really nice stylistic transition from song to song that only Miley could prove herself.

Secondly, I listen to classical music when I am doing coursework because I lose myself in all of the melodies and movements. It keeps you focused! At the same time, it boosts your IQ ;-)

That’s all I’ve got for you, but I hope you have a great rest of your Spring Break & whatnot. Ta ta for now!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Joanna Joanna March 23, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Agreed! Spotify is the absolute best app ever!!!! :D