Joanna

Mardi Gras Cooking

by Joanna on March 10, 2014

I don’t normally cook on campus. If I do, it’s the traditional college meal – microwaveable Ramen noodles or macaroni and cheese. However, this week was a special occasion. I decided I was going to have a small Mardi Gras party in my dorm room, so Monday night my friend and I carried our cooking supplies up to the fourth floor of Medaille and started our cooking adventure! Following an idea on Pinterest, we made mini king cakes. Here’s the recipe/instructions:

1. Buy packaged cinnamon rolls

2. Unroll the cinnamon rolls so that they are straight

3. Then twist them and turn them into the shape of an “O”

4. Next, place them on a pan (wax paper is helpful so you don’t have to clean your pan or worry about spray) and place them in the oven at 400 F

5. After about ten minutes, take them out

6. Then frost them using white frosting

7. Finally, add the sprinkles…green, purple, and yellow (for Mardi Gras!)

*You can either mix all the sprinkle colors together or separate them into green, yellow, and purple sections.

The mini king cakes were a great hit at my party! We drank soy milk with our treats and danced to some awesome music…I highly suggest making these treats and having a party of your own next year :)