Carlyn

Dear Time: Can you please slow down?!

by Carlyn on March 10, 2014

in After College,College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

I’ve been told that time gets faster the older you get, and now I’m starting to believe it. Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of future planning within my organizations, and it feels weird to already be thinking about my senior year of college. It may seem far away, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s really not. Just look at how fast spring break came this semester (it’s next week!).

Fontbonne Activities Board (FAB) just announced the new executive board for next school year. I already knew I was going to be in charge of live performance, but there were still other positions to be filled. This past Friday night was spent doing some team bonding and planning for next year. For hours, we discussed the events that we want to bring to campus. Coming up, we will pitch our ideas to Fontbonne’s Student Government Association, hoping we get all the funds we need to do so. In addition, Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) just held their elections, and I’m going to be the vice president next year. ODK has already begun planning as well. It’s a lot to think about for both organizations when we’ve still got current events and activities to prepare and run. Regardless, it’s all still very exciting. There is so much to look forward to for next year. That being said, I don’t want to rush all the amazing things the rest of this spring semester has to offer.

Another futuristic thing I’ve been doing is searching and applying for summer internships. For my fashion merchandising major, it is a requirement that I complete one. It’s been a lot of work and research for that as well. I just had an interview that went really well, so my fingers are crossed for that. Internships commonly have a high potential for turning into a job, so this is a really big deal. Deciding on an internship really requires me to look ahead at my future plans from a career standpoint. I’m coming to realize that me being an adult in the real world with a full time job is not that far away. Again, it’s exciting to think about all these things, but at the same time, could junior year (and just time in general) please slow down?!