Best Song Ever

in Academics,College Life

I can say pretty seriously that I don’t know how I’d get through life if I didn’t have music.  I listen to anything and everything – classic rock, pop punk, top 40, country, electronic, indie, rap – I particularly like songs I can dance to, because dancing is another important part of my life.  I have said many times that the Music Appreciation class I took my freshman year at Fontbonne is my favorite class that I have ever taken, and that statement still stands.
The class started at Gregorian chants, and moved up through classical times to the present day.  I’m not gonna lie, most people in the class saw it as a bit of a waste of time, but I was eating it up. I don’t play an instrument anymore, and I can’t say that I’m a great singer, either, but I sure do appreciate music, and that class showed me a lot.
I don’t have a set playlist that I use for homework or other specific tasks – it mostly depends on my mood. But pretty much any chance I get, I’m listening to some jams. It’s just a natural part of life to me. I try to listen to at least one new song every day, and I’ve found a lot of cool stuff that way. I loved the chance to take a class about it – but you don’t need to take a class to appreciate music! Just turn on a song and listen.