Semester Goals

by Kristen on February 5, 2014

in Academics,After College,Campus Community,College Life

Happy snow day, Fontbonne!  Campus is closed for the rest of the day because of the weather, which is turning the outdoors into a white smudge on the map of the Midwest.   Without classes, work, or the ability to drive safely tonight, I thought I’d use my free time to catch up on blogging.  Sadly, my weekend went a little crazy and I was unable to finish a post until now.  Oops! I blame the Super Bowl.

Speaking of which, Fontbonne hosted a great Super Bowl party in the DSAC (Dunham Student Activity Center) on Sunday.  There was plenty of food, including root beer floats, and the game was played on the big screen.  Even though it was a depressing game to watch, it was a fun program put on by RHA, SECA, and Campus Ministry.

Today I’m taking my inspiration from the blog prompt for this week:

What are your goals/expectations for yourself during this new semester? What do you hope to accomplish? Any strategies you can share for getting there?

I’m guessing that many people have set goals for the semester centering around school–like getting good grades–and on getting their lives back in check, such as exercising regularly and organizing.  I think my goals for this semester are pretty basic.  I want to do well in school, be accepted into graduate school, and find an apartment and roommate.  Hopefully these goals won’t be too difficult to accomplish; they are all things I need to do to move on to the next step in my career.

While school comes somewhat easily to me, finding an apartment does not.  And finding a roommate is especially difficult.  You have to choose someone trustworthy, responsible, clean, and who shares at least some of your interests.  Like sleeping at night.  Or using a label maker to organize everything.  And someone who isn’t allergic to peanut butter is a must for me.  So, as I said, finding a roommate is hard.

I have heard the best way to find roommates is to talk to a lot of people.  You never know who else is looking for an apartment and will need someone to live with.  I have also had some people tell me to put an ad on Craigslist, but that seems like asking for trouble… I think I’ll stick to talking to friends.  If there are any other ways of finding roommates, let me know!  I’m open to suggestions.

Enjoy your snow day!