Rediscoveries

in In Saint Louis

I’ve lived in St. Louis for almost 5 and a half years away from my native Taiwan. I have my days when I feel like a gypsy, but I find they are counterbalanced by the warmth of the people in St. Louis. This notorious weather cannot stop me from enjoying the “littleness” of Fontbonne; being a small school, I find my classmates and teachers are always willing to stop for a chat. About two weeks ago one of my teachers approached me about to work with 3 bilingual families at a local institute for a potential practicum. A week ago, I rediscovered a love for my major through the novel experience of working with a different set of clientele. And this week, I’ve had so many lovely conversations about history, faith, spirituality, TV shows, broken chairs, online classes, The Walking Dead, and Opera. I keep a list of awesome quotes and this week filled up another page. What a great remedy to the cold, and to my homesickness!