Remember how I said I was Environmental Club president? Well, it’s time to get back on my game and start shamelessly promoting some events.
First, we have our annual Recyclemania campaign running from February 2nd – March 29th, so there will be periodic trivia and prizes for that. ¬†Recyclemania is basically a nationwide competition for colleges to see who can recycle the most…I’ll be real with you, Fontbonne probably isn’t gonna win any prizes running against the big dogs, but we get free stuff for signing up and it helps raise awareness, so I’m all about it.
Also in February – the 17th through the 21st – will be our first shot at “No Impact Week”, which involves signing up people to do one or more sustainable activities for at least one week. We’ll document their success/failure based on social media posts and give a prize at the end. Come find us on the 17th to sign up!! We’ll be in DSAC and Ryan Hall during lunch and dinner.
Further ahead, we’ll have a eco-friendly make-your-own spring cleaners event in March, and then our big ticket item, the Environmental Fair, will be in April. That’s the lineup for my last semester as Environmental Club president, and I wanna do it big. Come support us!