Puppy Time!!

Who doesn’t love puppies?! If you’re not a puppy and/or dog person, then, I hate to break it to you, but there’s no way we could ever be friends. I’ve always been a dog person. I grew up around dogs, and I can’t imagine ever going through life without at least one by my side. That’s why I love Super Bowl Sunday. For me, it’s not Super Bowl Sunday – it’s Puppy Bowl Sunday.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Puppy Bowl is Animal Planet’s alternative to the standard Super Bowl game. Adoptable puppies who are looking for their forever homes are allowed to romp and play with each other on a set designed to look like a real football stadium, albeit much smaller. Hamsters “control” the blimp flying overhead as penguin cheerleaders excitedly watch from the sidelines. A human referee makes sure all of the puppies are playing nicely and not getting into too much trouble. Meep the Bird tweets (both literally and figuratively via Twitter) to keep his followers up to date on all of the action as the dogs “tail-” gaiting in the “barking” lot cheer on their favorite players. And – get excited, cat lovers – there’s even a kitty halftime show.

This year marked the tenth anniversary of the Puppy Bowl, and it was great. Not only was internet sensation Keyboard Cat the star of the kitty halftime show, but previous MVPs (Most Valuable Puppies) who’ve since been adopted were “interviewed” so audiences could meet their new families and see how they’ve been doing since their starring roles in their respective seasons of Puppy Bowl. I’m still giggling over how cute all of the animals were in today’s Puppy Bowl X, and I can’t wait to see what happens next year on Puppy Bowl XI!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Corie Corie February 3, 2014 at 10:12 am

I LOVE PUPPIES! I cant wait to move out of my parents house just so I can get my Pit Pup! :)