Corie

My Major Chose Me.

by Corie on February 27, 2014

in Academics,After College,Career Paths,College Life

I always knew that I wanted to do something with the media. Then I also wanted to mix it in with something I am good at, writing. I will be graduating next fall with my B.A in Advertising with a concentration in professional writing. I didn’t start out that way though. Freshmen year, I was a nursing major just because I knew that the job demand was high. Sophomore year, I was getting closer. I decided to go into journalism. I loved the writing. Then, I also took a public relations course. For some reason that course made me want to try marketing and advertising classes. So, I change my major AGAIN my junior year when I started going to Fontbonne. This major change was the best decision I have ever made. Major declared: Advertising. I discovered what I love to do and what my future career may possibly be. Originally, I thought I was going to be a copywriter. Now, I am leaning towards something with Social Media in promoting things.