Conner

When Life Hands You Presentations, Make Cupcakes

by Conner on February 3, 2014

Whew! What a week! Life has recently been going from one thing to the next, with a few hours of sleep added in every once in a while. Besides working 20 hours this week, attending class, going to meetings, and working on campus, the entire week I was preparing for the big event. The finale of a thrilling but exhausting week was a presentation to the Board of Trustees at Fontbonne. Omicron Delta Kappa was given this exciting opportunity last semester after we became and installed organization on campus.

The rest of the executive board and I spent Christmas break working on our brief speech to the Board of Trustees, and it all came together this week! We were able to successfully deliver what ODK is, how we fit into Fontbonne, and how FBUODK benefits the university. If you’d like to know, like us on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/FontbonneODK) At one of our trial runs with one of the board members, it was mentioned that cupcakes similar to those I made for our Tapping Day would be a great and welcomed addition to our presentation. Needless to say, I spent Friday making cupcakes. Triple chocolate mocha with chocolate buttercream was on the menu for the day, and in true ODK fashion, we made them visually appealing with cute chevron boxes and toppers.

All this baking and an offer to make cupcakes or sweets for a party makes me wonder if I should take my hobby of baking and turn it into something bigger. For now, I’ll leave this question unanswered and stick with the title of “Official ODK Baker”.

ODK Cupcakes

Thanks for reading..