Lizzie

Dear Music…

by Lizzie on February 10, 2014

Our prompt for this week was about music and how it plays a role in our lives, right? Let’s see.

Music is almost an every day thing for me. I like music because it’s relaxing and depending on what kind of music it is also makes a difference. I used to listen to R&B and some rap a lot when I was younger and throughout high school, but now I’m more open to various music. Right before I came to Fontbonne, I heard Christian music on the radio (but at the time, I didn’t know it was actual Christian music, ha ha). I found out the radio station with the songs and I love it! 99.1 Joy FM, you know? :) And Mandisa is one of my favorites! Below is one of her songs:

Now, I still listen to some R&B or whatever genre it fits in, such as Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, etc. I have both of their CD’s. I also have Celine Dion (addicting music!) and Jeffrey Messersmith (I went to his concert last week! First concert EVER!!). Yeah, music is so awesome.

My family are big on music, too. We’re not really like “professional” musicians or anything, but my parents love to sing, especially my mom. She once told me that singing from your heart is what makes the song truly great. I was inspired by that. :)

My sister and I actually used to play instruments in middle school and some of high school. She played the cello and I played the harp (yes, the big BIG harp). It was pretty fun, but I couldn’t continue because of other classes and time issues. However, I WILL buy a harp one day and try to play it again! Then our younger brother is actually big on music, too. He’s more into rap and all, but he also admires classical and old time music (ex: Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, etc). We all love music in some kind of way.

Overall, I love listening to music because it really gives me a moment to not only appreciate it but to feel relaxed and comfortable. And I’m open to most genres. If you have musical talent out there, I think it would be SO AWESOME to share it with the world. :) Enjoy!

Here are some other songs that I like:

Celine Dion – “Loved Me Back to Life”

Celine Dion – “Somebody Loves Somebody”

Emeli Sande – “Read All About It”