The First Week!

by Alumni Posts on January 21, 2014

in Campus Community,College Life

I know I’m writing this rather late, but it’s the beginning of the long weekend, and the end of my first week of classes. I can’t imagine how many of us are relieved we’ve gotten this far. The first week, full of syllabi and introductions, fosters an idea of the remainder of the semester. Of course we can’t fully gauge this! Yet, I’m sitting here thinking, “It’s going to be looooooooooooong.”

But what’s exciting is the prospect of change! We’re celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. day on Monday, a great pioneer of change, his presence serving another reminder that, inevitably, the only constant is change. You can see this in what’s happening so far. Like the way the four final candidates for the Fontbonne Presidency are coming out of hiding through student and staff panels. Imagine what kind of changes that will make.

Naturally, it’s hard to imagine how that change will impact us when there’s gas to buy, bills to pay, and people to meet. What I’m getting at here is that even though it’s the end of the first week and our first taste of the semester, I can’t wait to see what else this year will reveal. And I hope you are looking forward to it too. Cheerio!