Sean

Exciting News for Spring 2014 Semester

by Sean on January 23, 2014

in Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events,Our Causes

Hello students and prospective students,

I had a very nice meeting tonight with my colleague, Lottie Marie Page, regarding the “re-start up” of Fontbonne’s LGBTQ Alliance for Respect and Equality (FLARE). After having difficulty managing to run FLARE last semester, I have unfortunately decided to step down as president. Sadly, I did not do anything for FLARE except attending mandatory meetings for being the president of a student organization. Luckily, I had Jes Stevens to help me out (a lot) by making sure FLARE was still being recognized by the Student Government Association (SGA). So, I give much thanks and credit to Jes for having been a very large help for FLARE. It looks like very soon Lottie will become the FLARE’s president. I was hoping that FLARE would not permanently fail due to lack of participation. I am very happy that Lottie is volunteering to take up the position as president of FLARE. I was so inspired to hear her speak about her history of being involved in Pro-LGBT rights activities during her high school years and her involvement with the Gay Straight Alliance at the previous university she attended. I invite all of you to check out FLARE. Lottie is an excellent person for being the new president. (Thanks, Lottie!)

So if you would like to join FLARE, look for Lottie. She is a nice person and is very passionate about restarting FLARE for the student population. It looks like it is going to be a great semester for Lottie. I wish her all the best!

Hope to see you all at her meetings, and of course, I will support FLARE. Let’s go LGBT Rights!

Happy Beginning of Spring 2014!