Holly

Work Work Work

by Holly on December 9, 2013

I work at Potbelly Sandwiches in downtown Clayton. I was so excited when the company finally expanded to St. Louis. Their food is DELICIOUS! But it comes with a price. Don’t ever work at your favorite restaurant, because you will get so tired of the food. And unfortunately, that has happened to me. And as a college student in an apartment, naturally making minimum wage isn’t quite cutting it. So. I am becoming a Certified Trainer, which will give me about a dollar raise, and from there I will become a Shift Lead making $11+ per hour. But there is one thing still on my mind: my job has absolutely nothing to do with my major. Even a job in retail would be more relevant to Advertising than food service is. And it’s not like I absolutely LOVE my job, so should I consider switching to something else? My dream job (for right now, until graduation) is to work at Crate and Barrel. And I think I am going to look into that. I guarantee I’d make more than minimum wage, and I’d be doing something I actually love: displays and looking at furniture all day. I haven’t been with Potbelly for too long, but what’s the harm in finding something better?