Erika

12 Hours of Christmas

by Erika on December 4, 2013

in Campus Community,Extracurricular

For the Fontbonne community, yesterday was a fun day. The Department of Leadership Education and Student Activities hosted an event called the 12 hours of Christmas. This event consisted of 12 hours of fun filled activities. It began at 9 am with the Christmas Coffee House where Owen Pye sang Christmas Carols and there were free bagels, doughnuts, and coffee. Some of the other events included Reindeer Games, Ice Skating, Santa’s Workshop, and making Gingerbread Houses. One of the events that I enjoyed was Santa’s Workshop. I got to paint my own ornament and make holiday cards for Alzheimer patients and US Soldiers overseas. Another event that I participated in was the Reindeer Games. Even though I was helping out this event, I was still able to participate. I loved the competitive and joyful atmosphere. There was an inflatable obstacle course called the Polar Plunge where you could compete with a friend to win tickets entered into the raffle. Another activity was the hamster ball race. At first I was skeptical of running around in a giant inflatable hamster ball, but it turned out to be lots of fun. Overall the 12 hours of Christmas was a fun filled event. Each hour was packed full of holidays festivities for the whole Fontbonne campus. This was a great event to kick off the holiday season to Fontbonne and celebrate a wonderful semester.