I feel like I’ve been slacking on my environmental propaganda duties, so I’m going to take this opportunity to throw out a few reminders of some Environmental Club/Dedicated semester events we have coming up:
November 15th: America Recycles Day! For one joyous day out of every year, we get to celebrate the beauty of Americans recycling. For this momentous occasion, Environmental Club members will be handing out candy (with recyclable wrappers of course) and entering people into our raffle.
November 18th: Tony Ruebsam (lead contractor for the AB hall renovation) will be coming to Fontbonne to speak about sustainable energy choices. He has a Masters degree in environmental engineering from Wash U., so he knows his stuff. He’ll be in the Lewis Room at 10am for a short presentation.
November 19th: Rosemary Grove shopping night! The Environmental Club has a partnership with this charming Kirkwood store in which we get 10% of the proceeds from any sale made that mentions us. (Which we then donate to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.) So every once in a while they sponsor a special shopping night for us with cookies and coffee, and we encourage everyone we can to come! The event is
6-7:30pm, and if you’re interested in carpooling I can hook you up. It really is a great store – everything is Fair Trade certified and supporting a good cause – so come out and get some Christmas gifts!