Witches, the incredibles, iron man, John Lennon, spiderman were some of the celebrities that came to our Halloween pot luck party.
At first I didn’t know what to be for Halloween but then I decided to be little lady bug. For the halloween pot luck I bought some pretzels and baked some halloween sugar cookies. Here is the recipe.
Halloween Sugar Cookies
Makes 48 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream cheese frosting
- Halloween sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, 1 cup butter, the shortening and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- On lightly floured surface, roll 1/4 of dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll.) Cut with 3-inch pumpkin-shaped or round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Decorate with frosting and sprinkles.