Conner

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like..the End of the Semester

by Conner on November 11, 2013

in Academics,College Life

That time of year has begun. The time of year when project deadlines creep up, schedules must be determined, you can count how many class periods you have left of the semester, and begin listening to Christmas music just a little early. It’s called the end of the semester, and it definitely came unexpectedly this year.

We’re already mid-way through November, and as soon as I come back from Thanksgiving break we have two days of class and then it’s time for finals! Where did the semester go? I have to say, it has been a thoroughly enjoyable and eventful semester. I would just appreciate a little more time to get everything done. I can see myself two weeks from now struggling to finish each project and cramming for each final. That’s college life though. It’s all part of the experience, and I love it!

One thing I do look forward to at the end of the semester is the “Fun Week” portion of finals week. Each year, my roommate and I take the last week of school to study, but also to do the things we never got the chance to earlier in the semester. On this semester’s list is a couple of museum exhibits (one being “1968″ at the History Museum) and lots of restaurants and other eateries. Carly and I will be dining at new places such as Tree House, a vegetarian restaurant downtown we’ve been wanting to try since the beginning of the semester. At each of these Fun Week activities, we’ll also be developing further plans for our birthday celebration. They are just two weeks apart so we are planning one celebration together.

I may be nearing the end of the semester, but I shouldn’t dwell on it. It appears as if I have more to look forward to than worry about!

Thanks for reading..