Penny

Asian Heritage Festival

by Penny on November 26, 2013

Asian Heritage Festival is an annual Asian American community event in St. Louis. The purpose of this event is to offer an opportunity to gather the community of Asian Americans together. This event is supported by the Asian American Chamber of Commerce (AACC).

Last month, I invited my American friend to attend the 2013 Asian Heritage Festival with me to experience a different culture. In this event, there were different booths with cultural food, merchandise, and travel information about different Asian countries and businesses. I am originally from Taiwan, and I was so excited when I saw there was a table promoting Taiwanese dressing and food culture. It was a very fun event to try different food and see different traditional cultures, like Taste of St. Louis. The most special feature was the free dancing shows on the stage, including traditional Korean, Japanese, and Chinese dancing. It was a very meaningful and fun event to gather Asian Americans together and also promote Asian culture to the Americans.