Deanna

Most Wonderful Time of The Year

by Deanna on October 14, 2013

in Athletics,College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Now, from my title you are probably thinking “It’s the middle of October, why is this girl posting about Christmas already?!” And since you probably don’t know me, that is a very honest question. But for those who know me know that Red October is my favorite time of year. A fall baseball game is amazing! Especially a post season baseball game being played by our St. Louis Cardinals! I live for those nail-biting games where the Cards wait till the very last minute to pull through for us! They’re so exciting! I was fortunate enough to get to go the game 5 of the National League Division series and see the Cardinals beat the Pirates and advance to the National League Championship! So far they are ahead of the Dodgers by 2 games, but boy can I not wait until Monday night’s game! I love watching these games with my roommates because we all get so exciting and yell at the TV together- it really is great bonding! I just hope we can advance to the World Series and I will be a very happy camper! It’s also fun because they play most of these games on a big screen in the DSAC and being there watching them with so many other Fontbonne students is so much fun because it’s a really great environment and there are so many huge fans on campus! One of my teachers last Monday had the pitch-by-pitch website up so we could be as close to watching the game as possible during class, and it was definitely a fun class! Seeing campus as a sea of red during this time of year is great, and the games are a good way to be connected to others on campus!