A time to be remembered :)

in Athletics,College Life,Extracurricular,New & Future Students

Fontbonne University is a place I consider to be my second home. I’ve met countless students and faculty that are now considered some of my closest friends and mentors in life. I’m graduating in December and when looking back on my time spent here so many memories pop into mind. Take moving into the dorms for example. Freshmen year was my favorite year by far. Not only did I meet so many new people, but I also got roomed up with a girl who is now going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding! You always hear about roommate horror stories, but I just got lucky. Actually, to be honest, our whole incoming class who lived in the dorms pretty much all got along. The best way to describe dorm life is living with a group of sisters. I wouldn’t change this experience for the world. Two more awesome experiences while here at Fontbonne both involve sports. My freshmen year for basketball we ended up winning the conference tournament and going to the NCAA tournament. We ended up losing the first round, but the journey to get there was a life-changing one. Once again, I met amazing teammates who became my family and I learned a lot about myself as a person. The second sports memory comes from last year when our women’s soccer team won our conference for the first time in school history! We ended up losing in the conference tournament, but this memory is also more about the journey in which we got there. The determination and drive of every individual on that team was something I will never forget. We learned so much about one another and truly played for everyone on the field. We were a talented team, but the reason why we got to that win was more about heart than anything. Those girls taught me to work hard not only for myself, but also for the people around me. I will miss Fontbonne dearly in December when I graduate, especially because it has helped generate some of the most important memories that I hold close to my heart.

Ava Johnson