Conner

ODK @ FBU

by Conner on October 14, 2013

in Organizations, Activities & Events

This year I’m excited to be a part of a new organization on campus. Omicron Delta Kappa, or ODK, is a national leadership honor society that is being established at Fontbonne. Other circles are installed in universities all over the U.S., so it’s a very big deal for us. I’m a member of the chartering committee and Executive Board Secretary, and I’ve loved being a part of the organization so far.  We have a great bunch of leaders working to bring more to Fontbonne.

As an organization on campus, we’ll host events and lectures for students as well as host other activities and service projects specifically for our organization. At this point in time, we’re still a new group, but we have a lot of things in the works.

This past week was an event I planned for general members. Applications were sent out a couple weeks ago and we held an “IDK about ODK” event on campus so they could learn more about who we are and what we plan to do.  Prior to the event, I made a pretty snazzy looking board with helpful information for interested applicants, got everything reserved for the space we needed, and went shopping! Instead of spending a lot of money on pre-arranged and assembled hors d’oeuvres, I bought vegetables, fruits, dips, cheeses, and crackers. I spent the morning of the event chopping and preparing all I planned to serve for students that evening. The event was a success! We had a good turnout of students whom all seemed eager to apply.

After a general meeting this week with the chartering committee, I’m sure I’ll have another event to plan for ODK and lots of other exciting things to talk about.

Thanks for reading..