Dedicated Semester: Sustainability

in College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

As many of you know, Fontbonne has a dedicated semester every fall. This year’s dedicated semester theme is sustainability. During the past dedicated semesters, I had not made it to many of the on campus events. Not because I didn’t want to, but because it is very difficult to make it because of class and job conflicts. This semester I am making it a point to make it to as many of the events as I can. So far I have made it to two events: the showing of the movie, Carbon Nation, and a presentation given about the ecovillage in The Central West End. I can say that I am really glad I attended both events because they really opened my eyes to the immediate threats of global warming and how our planet is rapidly changing. I would highly encourage everyone to make it to at least one dedicated semester event, even if it may be a little out of your element. You may be really surprised at what you can learn and take away from it!