Carlyn

Connecting with my Future

by Carlyn on October 10, 2013

in Academics,After College,Organizations, Activities & Events

This week, the business department is hosting the annual occurrence know as Career Week. Throughout the week, there are numerous events planned that are intended to better prepare students for the work force. For example, resume/cover letter workshops, mock interviews, networking skills lectures, branding seminars, and more. To finish the week, there is going to be a career fair on Friday, in which various companies will be represented. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about possible internship and job opening.

Another offering was “Etiquette Dining.” I have been to a similar event in the past, but it was still interesting to go again. As a nice three-course meal is served, the rules of etiquette are presented. This type of information will be helpful for possible future meals spent with clients, employers, etc. Also, I “modeled” in a career wear fashion show. Various business appropriate outfits were presented for men and women (ranging from very formal to casual Friday looks). Then afterwards, students could purchase career wear.

Personally, I think it’s great that Fontbonne hosts Career Week. I want to use these types of helpful resources now while I am still in school. Once I enter the “real world” I won’t have professors and career counselors all around me!