Sarah

I didn’t choose the dance life; the dance life chose me.

by Sarah on October 7, 2013

in Athletics,College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

When I came to Fontbonne I had no plans to continue dancing  in college.  I hadn’t even brought my dance shoes or supplies with me!  However, towards the end of August I started seeing flyers up all over campus inviting anyone and everyone to come try out for the dance team.  After much convincing from some of my friends I decided to go ahead and audition.  The whole process of the audition was nothing short of intense and challenging.  But, after the long hours of working, learning the dance combinations and performing, I found out that I made it onto the team!

Since then we’ve had a few practices and are starting to actually come together.  I never realized just how much I missed dancing from high school.  It was certainly a hobby that I thought I could live without when I went to college;  I couldn’t have been more wrong.  For me, being on the dance team is a huge and much needed stress reliever from the college workload.  I am so grateful and happy to have the Griffin Girls as a support system and just a constant in my transition from high school to college.  I know that I would never have been able to dance on a team at any school except here for at Fontbonne.  Just another reason to love my school choice!