Marielle

After the Boys of Summer Have Gone

by Marielle on October 15, 2013

in Campus Community,College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

Let’s be honest here: I’m a summer girl. I like warm (borderline hot) weather, laying out in the sun, and wearing flip flops and tanks. But I can get on board with fall. After all, it does bring about my favorite holiday: Halloween! Fontbonne always does a good job of celebrating the holiday with a campus-wide Fall Festival that includes games and activities from all the student organizations. Will Environmental Club be there? YOU BET.
As you may know, this year the Fall Festival is October 24th from 7:30 to 10pm. Hopefully a lot of student organizations will be there besides us, but regardless we have the thrift shop costume contest locked down. The setup: we get a bunch of crazy stuff from the Good Will Outlet, set up a table at the Festival, and have people come by and create a costume from our raw materials. We take a picture of each participant, and the best costume at the end of the night will win a prize. The prize will likely be food related….Caramel apples? S’mores making kit? Some other delicious treat? You’ll have to stop by and find out!
Here are some pictures from last year to get the creative juices flowing:
Intergalactic space traveler
Wendy from Peter Pan (THE WINNER)
Hillbilly
…Unclear.
Anyway, I hope to see you there!