Deanna

Time Management

by Deanna on September 30, 2013

in Academics,College Life,New & Future Students

It’s been said before, and it will be said again: “Do as I say, not as I do!”

I lead a busy life – I am taking 18 credit hours, I work 25 hours a week, plus usually at least 1 day of babysitting a week, and I try to hang out with my friends occasionally (it’s good for your health, really!) … So needless to say, I tend to be doing a lot of my homework at the last minute. And you would think I would have learned this by now, but seriously guys: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! I mean, I’m a good student, I make good grades and I always get my work done, but not without causing myself a few panic attacks because I’m afraid I won’t finish on time, or because I am just lacking so much sleep!

If there is one piece of advise I would give any new college student it would be that time management and naps are your two best friends! The times when I am really on top of things I feel accomplished and happier about my school work, but on nights like tonight where I have been doing different assignments all day and no I am down to my final project (naturally I put off the most difficult to last) I am stressing myself out way more than I need to be! Freshman year now seems like some fairy-tale land I would love to return to because compared to junior year when you are into the heart of your major’s curriculum you really have to work hard to stay on top of all of your classes.

So my advise? Do as I say, and not as I do: Don’t procrastinate, try to work as little as you can, but I understand from personal experience that sometimes you can’t afford to be the student you are striving to be without keeping those 20-30 hours a week at your job, and remember to have fun in college!