Conner

New School Year, New Beginnings

by Conner on September 23, 2013

in College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

However difficult it is for me to say, I have begun my Junior year of college. The fact that half my time here at Fontbonne is already gone is something I don’t enjoy thinking about, but with this Junior year comes many opportunities. I’m ready for a new year, a new start. I hope to take advantage of the last two years here and have no regrets. This year is for me.

As my roommate reminded me last week, we’re already one-fourth of the way through the first semester. Lots of exciting things have happened at Fontbonne already (Lipsync, Comedy Night, and Trivia just to name a few). Griffin Girls had tryouts last weekend and welcomed nine new girls onto the team. We begin practice next week and I’m really anxious to get started. I love to dance, and cannot wait to try out my choreography on the team. I’m on the executive board of a new organization at Fontbonne this year, Omicron Delta Kappa. We’re in the process of chartering and developing our members, but hope to be accepted soon! The group we have for our chartering committee are top-notch stand-out students, and they’ve done a great job with everything so far. I’m loving all my classes this year. Most of them are Fashion Merchandising concentrated. My visual merchandising class just finished our first challenge of window displays last week focusing on sustainability.

So this year is all about what my roommate and I fondly call “living on the edge”. We’re doing things we normally wouldn’t, and seeing where life takes us. “Living on the edge”  happens this week when we go to Wild Country with Fontbonne. I’ve never been to any club-type atmosphere before, so this will be really new for me. I’m looking forward to it. Wednesday night I’ll be pulling on my cowboy boots and having some fun!

Thanks for reading..