Carlyn

I’ll See You on the Runway

by Carlyn on September 24, 2013

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Words cannot express how excited I am about it officially being Fall again. This season brings perfect weather, amazing scents, homemade foods, and FASHION WEEK! For the past several years around this time, St. Louis hosts its very own Fashion Week, where various fashion shows occur at multiple locations in the area. Some old, new, local, and national designers’ work is presented. This is something I get pumped for all the time, but never have I felt this much adrenaline. I will be helping dress models for three shows and attending one.

On Friday, there is going to be a luxury show at Plaza Frontenac called Indulge. Saturday is the biggest day for me. There is going to be a show at the Fabulous Fox Theatre (an absolutely gorgeous venue) featuring the most recent collections by seven Project Runway designers. That is my all-time favorite TV show-the only one that I take the time to watch regularly. I am thrilled and feel so lucky to be able to assist backstage during this event. I am going to have a hard time keeping my cool around these designers that I am a huge fan of. On Sunday, a show will take place on Delmar called Style in the Loop. Then next week, I will be attending an event at the Galleria Macy’s. Clinton Kelly, cohost of What Not to Wear and The Chew will be there teaching women how to dress. I don’t even care to go there for the advice-I just want to see him! This will be another star-struck moment for me.

I am glad and proud that the fashion industry in St. Louis has been growing. Being a fashion merchandising student, it’s great that all these shows are right in my home town. Also, these volunteer opportunities are great learning experiences and could be critical for networking for a future career. Fall St. Louis Fashion Week 2013 is sure to be the best one yet. In the words of Project Runway host Heidi Klum, “I’ll see you on the runway.”