Carlyn

Life in the FAB Lane

by Carlyn on September 19, 2013

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

A new officer position that I hold this school year is on the executive board for the Fontbonne Activities Board (FAB). Specifically, I am in charge of daytime events. Thus far during my junior year, I feel like my life revolves around FAB. I am not complaining when I say this, because I absolutely love being a part of this organization. The advisor and other board members are great, fun people to be around. I feel lucky to be able to work with others that are as hard-working and creative as me. Together, we plan and host a variety of campus events that occur on a weekly basis, making the Fontbonne community a livelier place to be. It is a lot of work, but definitely worth it. I put in about eight office hours per week towards FAB and then some free time on top of that. And this just includes preparation hours, not the time spent at the actual events.

This school year is lined up with many outstanding events and activities. FAB is responsible for bi-weekly trivia competitions, karaoke nights, movie showings, celebrations for every holiday, the annual lip sync competition, Siblings Weekend, fall and spring spirit week, and more! Also, Fontbonne hosts live performers, such as musicians, comedians, and magicians in addition. Some events occur off campus as well (i.e. Cardinals games, Blues games, Fox shows, etc.). There is definitely never a dull moment at Fontbonne.

Getting involved on campus is a great learning experience. I am discovering that event planning is a field that I might like to continue working in. There is so much more to college than the time spent in the classroom. Organizations like FAB help me grow as a leader. Also, I get to bond with my fellow peers during the process. Because of my involvement, I live a very busy life. But, I wouldn’t be doing all these things if I didn’t want to be doing them. I am doing what I love and loving what I do by living college life in the FAB lane.