Entombed Within Boombox and Walkman

by Alumni Posts on September 27, 2013

in College Life,In Saint Louis

Hi, my name is Marielle and I’m addicted to Vampire Weekend. I’m so addicted that I got tickets to their sold out show and stood in line so I could be in the front row. It was worth it. And where, you may be wondering, did this magic happen? At the Pageant, my friends, the Delmar Loop’s number one concert venue. The Loop is a pretty chill place regardless, and while there are a few other places to catch a show (Blueberry Hill; Cicero’s) the Pageant attracts the bigger names. For example, some upcoming shows there: Tame Impala, Sara Bareilles, Hoodie Allen, Animal Collective, City and Colour, Krewella… and don’t forget that Fall Out Boy was there last month. So maybe we’re not talking Bruno Mars or Katy Perry, but if you’re into decently known artists that haven’t quite hit the big time, the Pageant is a cool place to go for a ┬áconcert. It’s fairly small, which means there really aren’t any bad seats, but some shows do sell out pretty fast. Either way, whether you’re new to St. Louis or you’ve been here all your life, make sure it’s on your list to see a performance at the Pageant!
And here are some pictures from Vampire Weekend. Don’t get too jealous.
Yep, they are all of the lead singer, and I am not sorry about it ONE BIT.