Deanna

Beginning of Junior Year

by Deanna on September 23, 2013

in Academics,College Life,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

As difficult as it is for myself to believe, I am almost mid-way through the first semester of my junior year at Fontbonne University! It feels like just yesterday I was a freshman living in The Joe, but that is a longer time ago than I am willing to believe. This year I live in the Southwest apartments above the fine arts classrooms. I absolutely love it! It’s a fun building, and I love that I have my own room, but three roommates with our own living room, kitchen, and bathroom! Campus is as vibrant as ever, and with such great weather we have been having the meadow is constantly in use – that’s one of my favorite parts of Fontbonne!

Last night, my roommates and I all went to the Forest Park Balloon Glow! I haven’t been such I was a little kid, and I regret that now! It was so much fun, and it really is cool seeing all the hot air balloons inflated and lit up. Sadly I work today so I do not get to go back to watch them take off for The Great Forest Park Balloon Race, but since I work fairly close I hopefully will get to see them once they are off in the sky. There’s always something fun to do in St. Louis, which is one of the many reasons I chose to stay so close to home when going off to college, that and I love Fontbonne’s Education program!