Penny

My summer classes

by Penny on July 1, 2013

in Academics,College Life,In Saint Louis

How is your 2013 summer?

For me, this summer is a season for learning and doing.

During this summer, I have classes plus volunteering at a hospital. Actually, this is my first time to take summer classes. Before taking summer classes, I had heard about summer classes were easier than regular classes. Unfortunately, it is not true, at least for my graduate level classes. Although all my graduate classes are challenging, summer classes are harder to undertake, since we have so many research papers and projects that need to be finished in 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks; therefore it’s more condensed. Actually, my classmate just figured out that our due dates are nearly every day. If you miss one day, you will lose points. Therefore, I set up daily reminders and alarms to help me submit my assignments on time.

Although this summer is very hard and hot for me, I believe it’s worthy to sacrifice my sleep time to make my 2013 summer more meaningful by working and studying hard for my graduate program. Here are some quotes I want to encourage my classmates and other students who work hard for summer classes.

There is always a reward in all hard-work and sacrifices, so you must be patient and stay strong in all circumstances” (Nishan Panwar).

Your hard work might not pay off today or tomorrow, but it will eventually pay off” (Sonya Parker).

By the way, some classmates just asked me about my strategies for time management. The most useful strategy I found is writing down all the due dates on my calendar, and to start working on them as early as I could, so I have time to think, write, and revise it again and again. I’ve always worked very hard to try my best to prevent being a last minute person. I found out “the harder I worked, the luckier I got” (Alan Bond). Hoping this strategy also helps my blogger readers.