Conner

Oldie but a Goodie

by Conner on June 24, 2013

Well, summer keeps on rolling along. This past weekend was an exciting one for me. For the past fifteen years of my life on a Saturday night in early June, I’ve danced at or attended my studio’s dance recital. This year I got to do both.

For the 20th recital, an alumni dance was put together as a special performance. Since I graduated a couple years ago, I’m considered an alumni. This makes me feel extremely old, but it’s been nice to dance for a few weeks again with Griffin Girls in the off season. We performed last Saturday after a lot of practice (8 straight days and many others for me). Everyone loved the routine and talked about how we looked as if we never left the studio! It was so much fun to dance on stage again!

It was also a special night for me because I got to see one of my dearest friends dance in her last recital. She did such an amazing job. I didn’t get to watch the majority of the routines from the seats because I was helping with changing backstage, but it was still great to watch. I also got to see one of the girls I nanny in the summer dance at recital. We’ve practiced her routines and talked about dance a lot so far this summer. I felt so proud because even at a young age, she knew all her routines and had great stage presence!

After recital, my sister and I went and enjoyed ourselves at the after-party for a little while, but then headed home. It sure was an exhausting week! Especially for an old alumni, but I’ve still got it!

Thanks for reading..

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica Erica June 25, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Conner, you’re such a beautiful dancer!