Conner

Oh Mexico

by Conner on June 6, 2013

I love traveling, and this summer I got a chance to go to one of my favorite places, Mexico! I went with my family, and this trip was kind of the final hurrah because we are all getting older and growing up. I got to spend 7 days in paradise, which was a great stress reliever. I had quite a bit of stress over the last school year, so it was nice to just lay back and absorb some sunlight! Not to mention use some of the Spanish I learned in high school!

We did a few things other than relax on the beach in Mexico. One excursion was an adventure park, where I ziplined, sky-walked, and swam in a cenote. I am terribly afraid of heights, so the ziplining and sky-walking were major feats for me. I was kind of surprised of how I handled it. Beforehand I was pretty sure I was going to be near death, but in the end I’m so glad I did it. I was zipping across the tops of the treetops in the Yucatan jungle!

It rained for one entire day on our trip, and my family spent most of the day playing cards. It was great to spend some “family time” together. Other than the occasional rain shower on some days, the sun was shining. The only thing I wanted to do was get some sort of a tan, and I accomplished that! My summer job, nannying, has begun and I’ll be increasing that tan over the summer at the pool with the kids. I’m looking forward to the rest of my summer!

Thanks for reading..