Carlyn

Packing Practice

by Carlyn on May 20, 2013

Turns out you won’t have to wait until next semester to hear some of my stories! I’m excited to say that I’ll be blogging over the summer.

This past week has been a bit exhausting. Moving all my stuff out of my dorm room is a major task. You’d be surprised how much you can fit in a dorm. My mom filled up her vehicle (Ford Edge) twice. And my car was filled once. The worst part of packing up was taking all the décor and posters of One Direction and Justin Bieber off my walls (which is quite a lot). It was extremely strange and boring to stare white, empty walls, even though it was only for a day. Because my room was so empty, it echoed every time the door opened and closed. It would have been more emotional leaving my room if I wasn’t going to live in the exact same place next year. I have a major attachment to my room, Medaille 312. I already have plans on how I want to rearrange the furniture in there next school year.

After I got all my stuff home, I of course had to then unpack it. Over the course of the last few days after work I have done so. I finally have all my clothes, accessories, and supplies back in its place. Most of the furniture is just stored in my basement for the summer. Also, I sold most of my books, so it feels good to have those off my hands. Soon I’ll begin packing for the FAB retreat that takes place next week. Then as soon as I get back from that I’ll pack for the five and a half weeks that will be spent in London (which is going to be a MAJOR challenge). Are you sensing a pattern here? All this packing and unpacking should make me a wise traveler. However, this is not the case. I have a tendency to pack a lot of things. And when I say “a lot,” I really mean a lot. Well, practice makes perfect, right?!