I LOVE IT.

by Alumni Posts on May 31, 2013

in College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Ladies and gentlemen, I’m pleased to announce that it’s time for another restaurant review. And a favorable review I shall give! Although no restaurant has yet uprooted PuraVegan from the number one spot in my heart, I now have a very exciting close second: Frida’s Deli! I’ve been meaning to try this place for a while now, but somehow it either slipped from my time or agenda. I finally found the time to go a few weeks ago, and I’ve already been back twice. It’s that good.

Frida’s is a 100% vegetarian deli, and their menu caters easily to vegans, raw foodists, and gluten-free as well. Their main staples are hot and cold sandwiches (their veggie burger was awarded “Best Non Beef Burger” by the Riverfront Times, by the way), but they also offer soups, smoothies, and juices. You can order straight from the menu, but they do made-to-order requests as well!

And the best part? (Besides the food, natch) They compost and recycle almost everything in the restaurant, and they carry local and organic products when available. Music to my ears! And the chopped kale salad isn’t anything to sneeze at either. It’s suuuuper close to Fontbonne, too!

(622 N and South Rd, right off Delmar!)

Raw vegan sunflower tacos on lettuce!

Chopped marinated kale salad!

Mushroom walnut burger with sprouts!

Takin’ shots of celery juice. I’m about dat life.

PS – I don’t work here, and I didn’t receive any compensation for this rave review. I really just like it that much. Now go try some kale salad.