Carlyn

FAB Retreat ’13

by Carlyn on May 28, 2013

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

I know summer just started, but I am really excited about the upcoming school year! I just got back from the very successful FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board) retreat, in which the officers did some event planning for next school year. I won’t give away too much, but let’s just say we’ve got some AMAZING events in store for our fellow students.

The retreat was spent at the lovely Lake of the Ozarks with six student leaders and one advisor. It was a rough start on the way there. On Monday, we ran into huge thunder and wind storms. What usually would have been a three hour drive turned into five and a half! Luckily, this nasty weather did not foreshadow or dampen the rest of the trip. Tuesday was primarily spent doing business work (i.e. event planning and leadership skills development). We did take a break to go shopping at the outlet mall and play games later in the night. Wednesday morning more business was accomplished, and then it was already time to leave. We all had a great time together. Of course, this retreat was a great way to discover our strengths as leaders and learn how to utilize those skills. But, it was so much more than that. It was a great opportunity to get to know my fellow officers better. Hanging out in the nice condo, cooking dinner, talking on the deck, and feeding ducks in the lake are just a few of the great bonding experiences we got to share together.

On the way back to St. Louis, I reflected on how grateful I am to be at Fontbonne. This school has provided so many amazing opportunities and relationships that I will never forget. I am enthusiastic and proud to get involved in so many organizations on campus. Like I said before, I am already excited for the upcoming school year. However, I don’t want to rush the spectacular summer break that I have ahead of me. There are still so many adventures to embark on!