Marielle

Close Your Eyes, Clear Your Heart, Cut The Cord

by Marielle on May 8, 2013

Holy cats – the semester is almost over. I have to say that overall, this past year has been my favorite at Fontbonne. It’s crazy, but honestly things just keep getting better and better for me here. My college experience so far has been just as wonderful as I ever could have imagined, and I am so thankful for that.

It’s crazy to think about all the factors that influenced my college decision way back when – how lucky I am that it all worked out and that I made the right decision. Next year will be my last here: I’ll be finishing up my undergrad in dietetics, applying for internships (probably in Texas and South Carolina, mostly), taking on my last stand as Environmental Club president, and of course running and laughing and enjoying life with my friends. I’ve met so many great people here at Fontbonne, and although some of them have moved on to other places and lives, I still think of them fondly.

It’s always a transition to move home for the summer, but although I love living here with my friends, I appreciate the relaxation and time to reconnect with myself that it brings.  On the agenda for this summer is running, tanning, baking, volunteering, organizing, crafting, and planning for next year and beyond. It will be nice to have a couple of months to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. See you in the fall!